Arieb’s musical journey started as a child when he discovered that when he expressed himself vocally, people would pay attention. According to him the early folk and classical music he listened to influenced his later love for traditional music. He picked up the guitar in his teens as a simple acoustic accompaniment for his voice. Always nurturing a love for poets of the Sufi and humanist tradition, Arieb has now found an expression that he can proudly call his own. His first album was Wajj which includes the immortal lyrics of Bhulleh Shah, Khwaja Ghulam Farid, and Mian Mohammad Baksh, as well as more contemporary lyrics by Sarmad Sehbai. Arieb is currently finishing his next album.
Songs of Arieb Azhar
Following is a list of Arieb Azhar's Punjabi songs. Some of these are based on lyrics by Sufi poets of Punjab while others are folk. Listen to them online or download mp3.
- ♪ Ghoom Charkheya Shah Hussain
- ♪ Husn-e-Haqiqi Khawaja Ghulam Farid
- ♪ Jhindri Lutti Khawaja Ghulam Farid
- ♪ Kahe Rokat Sarmad Sehbai
- ♪ Makke GayaN Bulleh Shah
- ♪ Maye Ni Main Kinnu AakhaN Shah Hussain
- ♪ Monh Aai Baat Na Rrehndi Ae Bulleh Shah
- ♪ Nach Dila Sarmad Sehbai
- ♪ Saif ul Malook ( Safar ul Ishq ) Mian Muhammad Bakhsh
- ♪ Vehrre Aa Varr Mere Bulleh Shah