Ustad Muhammad Juman (10 October 1935 – 24 January 1990) was a modern Sindhi musician and classical singer. He was born in the village of Sorra, Balochistan, Pakistan.
He was fond of music and went to Radio Pakistan in Karachi to start a career as a fiddler. There, it was suggested to him that he sing, resulting in his starting a program on Radio Pakistan in Hyderabad.
He received his music education from Ustad Nazir Hussain and Bary Waheed Ali Khan, experienced in Bhittai’s Sur. He became very famous when he sang “Munhjo Mulk Maleer” for the film Umar Marvi. He became well-known everywhere after performing the Siraiki Kafi “Yaar Dadhi Ishq Atish Lai Hai”. He also sang Mir Sikandar Khan Khoso’s kafis “Ishq munjhon izhar thee ayo” and “Kech Punhal day hal kahay hal” at Radio Pakistan. Juman’s son, Shafi Muhammad, also followed his style of kafi singing.
Juman was awarded a Bedil Award, Gold Award, Saga Award, and Latif Award, and, in 1980, the Tamgha-e-Husn-e-Karkerdigi by the Pakistani government.
Juman died on 24 January 1990 in Karachi.
Songs of Muhammad Juman
Following is a list of Muhammad Juman's Punjabi songs. Some of these are based on lyrics by Sufi poets of Punjab while others are folk. Listen to them online or download mp3.
- ♪ Assan Ishq Namaz JadooN Neeti Ae Bulleh Shah
- ♪ Khedan De Din Bulleh Shah
- ♪ NangRa Nimani Da Sachal Sarmast
- ♪ Piyaa Ro Mast Sachal Sarmast
- ♪ Ronde Umar Nibhai Khawaja Ghulam Farid
- ♪ Shah Ranjha Albela Jogi Jadugar Ve Khawaja Ghulam Farid
- ♪ Sighra Aawen Sanwal Yaar Sachal Sarmast
- ♪ Yaar Dadhi Ishq Aatish Usman Faqeer