Sachal Sarmast (1739 – 1829) was a renowned Sindhi Sufi poet during the Kalhora era. Abdul Wahab was his real name and “Sachal” was the name he used in his own poetry. Sachu means truth in Sindhi and Sachalu means truthful. Sarmast means mystic in Sindhi and Urdu. Suchal Sarmast literally means ‘truthful mystic’. Sachal Sarmast was an ardent follower of Wahdat-ul-Wujood, an Islamic Philosophy synonymous with Hamah Oost.
Kalam of Sachal Sarmast
Here's a list of Sachal Sarmast's kalam/songs sung by various Punjabi singers. You can listen to these Sachal Sarmast songs online or you can download them to your computer. All the songs by Sachal Sarmast are available for free on this page.
- ♪ Aa Wass Mendhe Wehre Hussain Bakhsh Gullu
- ♪ Ghund Khol Deedar Vekhao Abida Parveen
- ♪ NangRa Nimani Da Abida Parveen
- ♪ NangRa Nimani Da Rubina Qureshi
- ♪ NangRa Nimani Da Muhammad Juman
- ♪ NangRa Nimani Da Sanam Marvi
- ♪ NangRa Nimani Da Madhukar Wadhwani
- ♪ Piyaa Ro Mast Muhammad Juman
- ♪ Sighra Aawen Sanwal Yaar Muhammad Juman