Surriya Multanikar was born in 1940 in Multan. He earliest childhood memories are of wanting to excel as a singer. No one in her immediate family could either teach or advise her, so she taught herself by listening to film songs and copying their tunes and lyrics. She vows that she will continue singing until the last breath leaves her body. “Music is and will always be my life and soul. it is an integral part of me which I treasure most religiously,” she says. She was awarded pride of performance medal in 1986.
Songs of Suraiya Multanikar
Following is a list of Suraiya Multanikar's Punjabi songs. Some of these are based on lyrics by Sufi poets of Punjab while others are folk. Listen to them online or download mp3.
- ♪ Aj WehRa Peya Bhanda Ae Khawaja Ghulam Farid
- ♪ Allah Jane Te Yaar Na Jane
- ♪ BoliaN
- ♪ Chan KithaaN Guzari Ai Raat We
- ♪ Hin Keh KooN Hosh NamazaN De Khawaja Ghulam Farid
- ♪ Holi Holi Wendi Same Lalan De Darbar
- ♪ Kia Haal SunawaN Dil Da Khawaja Ghulam Farid
- ♪ Langh Aa Ja Patan Chana Da
- ♪ Peelu Pakiyan Khawaja Ghulam Farid
- ♪ TooN Bajh Sun WehRe O Yaar Khawaja Ghulam Farid
- ♪ We Pardesi Dhol We
- ♪ Wich Rohi De Khawaja Ghulam Farid